Hi, My name is Sajidur Rahman, friends and acquaintances call me ‘Sajid’ (pronounced as ‘SA-ZID’). I am a PhD Student at University of Florida 🐊 (one & only Gator Nation). I work at Florida Institute for Cybersecurity Research as a graduate research assistant. My research work intersects following cross-cutting areas:
- Software Security
- Deep Learning/NLP
- Human-centered Computing
- June 2020 : Our talk proposal on Language Models and Disinformation has been acceptedScAINet (co-located with Usenix Security’20) 🔥
- May 26, 2020 : Started research internship at Avast, inc
- Nov. 19, 2019: My Intern Project (Social Media Information Operations and Neural Language Models) is featured on WIRED and FireEye Official Page. 🔥🔥🦄
- Nov. 13, 2019: Our paper Exploring Local Practices of Exchanging Confidential and Sensitive Information in Urban Bangladesh has been presented at CSCW’19 Conference. 📢
- Oct 2019: Preprint version of our paper Efficient and Transferable Black-Box Attacks on Speech Recognition and Voice Identification Systems is on ArXiv. 📢
- May - August, 2019 : Research Intern at FireEye Data Science Team. 🔥
- May 2018: Our work on Java developers’ blindspots titled API Blindspots: Why Experienced Developers Write Vulnerable Code has been accepted for publication in Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS 2018), co-located with Usenix Security conference. 📢
- February 2018: Best poster award in 2018 FICS Research Annual Conference on Cybersecurity, University of Florida.
- January 2018 - Student reviewer for IEEE S&P’19 conference.
- August 2017: Student reviewer for LASER’17 conference.
- August 2017: Received Travel Grant to attend Secure Development (SecDev’2107) Conference at Boston.
- May 2017: Started working as graduate research assistant in FICS research lab at University of Florida.
- April 2017: Successfully completed Masters in Computer Science at Kansas State University.
- November 2016: My technical report An Empirical Case Study on Stack Overflow to Explore Developers’ Security Challenges is available online. 📢